With the new Data Protection Legislation coming into force on May 25th 2018 all business’ are expected to have a visible and accessible policy, so here is mine and yours:
What Information is being collected?
During your initial enquiry to Yvonne James Photography I will usually collect your name, address, email address, telephone number, and for weddings:
wedding date, ceremony and reception venue and your preferred coverage.
Or for Family / Pet sessions:
members of family and ages, breed and level of training, any special requirements or disabilities.
Who is collecting this information?
It’s me, Yvonne James of Picture of Happiness, and no one else.
How is it being collected?
There are a few ways you can make contact with me:
If you fill out my contact me form on my webpage the information will come to me via email. I will then reply to you via email answering any questions or queries you may have had. I will then continue any communication that is required by yourself. Your information will not be stored on any of my computer systems unless we have reason to exchange monies, you book a session or you request that I recontact you at a later date.
I use a business system called Shootproof where I will store your images in a gallery for any online gallery viewings.
I use a business system called Studio Ninja where Any personal data collected is stored – this is a secure system and will include clients personal details, information on the session and also any payments made. It also logs signed contracts.
If you opt to be included in my mailing list and to receive special offers, model calls and blogs your details will be stored on Mail Chimp. These will all be sent via email and can be unsubscribed to at any point.
Why is my data being collected and how will it be used?
Your data is collected so that I can run my business effectively and so that I can respond to any enquiries.
Who will it be shared with?
I do not share your information with any third parties. I would not want any business to share my data so I will not be sharing yours.
By providing us with your data, you warrant to us that you are over 13 years of age.
Yvonne James Photography is the data controller and I am responsible for your personal data (referred to as “I”, “me”, “my” in this privacy notice).
My details are:
Full name of business: Picture of Happiness
Email address: email@example.com
Telephone number: 07856184207
It is very important that the information I hold about you is accurate and up to date. Please email me reference any changes that may occur.
The Data, what, where and why?
Personal data means any information capable of identifying an individual.
I may process the following categories of personal data about you:
- Communication Data : this includes any communication that you send to me whether that be through the contact form on my website, through email, text, social media messaging, social media posting or any other communication that you send to me. I will be processing this data for the purposes of communicating with you, for record keeping and for the establishment, pursuance or defence of legal claims. My lawful ground for this processing is my legitimate interests which in this case are to reply to communications sent to me, to keep records and to establish, pursue or defend legal claims.
- Customer Data : that includes data relating to any purchases of goods and/or services such as your name, title, billing address, delivery address email address, phone number, contact details, purchase details and your card details. I process this data in order to supply the goods and/or services you have purchased and to keep records of such transactions. Our lawful ground for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and myself and/or taking steps at your request to enter into such a contract.
- Technical Data : that includes data about your use of my website and online services such as your IP address, your login data, details about your browser, length of visit to pages on my website, page views and navigation paths, details about the number of times you use my website, time zone settings and other technology on the devices you use to access my website. The source of this data is from an analytics tracking system. I process this data to analyse your use of my website and other online services, to administer and protect my business and website, to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and to understand the effectiveness of my advertising. My lawful ground for this processing is our legitimate interests which in this case is to enable me to properly administer my website and business and to grow my business and to decide on my marketing strategy.
- Marketing Data : that includes data about your preferences in receiving marketing from me and your communication preferences. I process this data to enable you to partake in any promotions such as competitions, prize draws and free give-aways, to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you and measure or understand the effectiveness of this advertising. My lawful ground for this processing is my legitimate interests which in this case are to study how customers use my products/services, to develop them, to grow my business and to decide on my marketing strategy.
- I may use Customer Data, Technical Data and Marketing Data to deliver relevant website content and advertisements to you (including Facebook adverts or other display advertisements) and to measure or understand the effectiveness of the advertising I deliver to you. My lawful ground for this processing is legitimate interests which is to grow my business.
I do not collect any Sensitive Data about you.
Sensitive data refers to data that includes details about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, trade union membership, information about your health and genetic and biometric data. I do not collect any information about criminal convictions and offences.
Where I am required to collect your personal data by law, or under the terms of the contract between me and you, and you do not provide me with that data when requested, I may not be able to perform the contract (for example, to deliver goods or services to you). If you don’t provide me with the requested data, I may have to cancel a product or service you have ordered but if I do, I will notify you at the time.
I will only use your personal data for a purpose it was collected for or a reasonably compatible purpose if necessary. For more information on this please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I may process your personal data without your knowledge or consent where this is required or permitted by law.
I do not carry out automated decision making or any type of automated profiling.
I may collect data about you by you providing the data directly to us (for example by completing a contact form on my website, completing a lead form at an event / fair, or by sending me an email).
I may receive data from third parties such as analytics providers such as Google based outside the EU, advertising networks such as Facebook based outside the EU, such as search information providers such as Google based outside the EU, providers of technical, payment and delivery services, such as data brokers or aggregators.
My lawful ground of processing your personal data to send you marketing communications is either your consent or my legitimate interests (namely to grow my business).
Under the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations, Imay send you marketing communications if (i) you made a purchase or asked for information from me about my goods or services or (ii) you agreed to receive marketing communications and in each case you have not opted out of receiving such communications since. Under these regulations, if you are a limited company, I may send you marketing emails without your consent. However you can still opt out of receiving marketing emails from me at any point in time.
You can me to stop sending you marketing messages at any time by following the opt-out links on any marketing message sent to you or by emailing me at email@example.com.
If you opt out of receiving marketing communications this opt-out does not apply to personal data provided as a result of other transactions, such as purchases, warranty registrations etc.
Personal Data Disclosures
I may have to share your personal data with the parties set out below:
- Service providers who provide IT and system administration services.
- Professional advisers including lawyers, bankers, auditors and insurers
- Government bodies that require me to report processing activities.
- Third parties to whom I sell, transfer, or merge parts of my business or my assets.
I require all third parties to whom I transfer your data to respect the security of your personal data and to treat it in accordance with the law. I only allow such third parties to process your personal data for specified purposes and in accordance with my instructions.
Please note that if at any point in my communications or time working with you, I have any safeguarding / personal safety concerns or any concerns over threat to life or property I am entitled by law to disclose your perosnal data to the relevant responsible bodies such as Police, Social Services etc..
I have put in place security measures to prevent your personal data from being accidentally lost, used, altered, disclosed, or accessed without authorisation. I am the only person who has access to your personal data.
I will inform you of any suspected personal data breach and I will notify any applicable regulator of a breach if I am legally required to.
Retention of Data
I will only retain your personal data for as long as necessary to fulfil the purposes I collected it for, including for the purposes of satisfying any legal, accounting, or reporting requirements.
Your gallery of images will be kept for safekeeping for up to 12 months from the date your gallery is activated, with some being kept for up to 36 months (3 years) for business purposes. Images are kept on a secure password protected data cloud as well as backed up on a secure external hard drive.
Your personal information will be kept for 24 months (2 years) from the date your gallery is activated.
Your Legal Rights
Under data protection laws you have rights in relation to your personal data that include the right to request access, correction, erasure, restriction, transfer, to object to processing, to portability of data and (where the lawful ground of processing is consent) to withdraw consent.
You can see more about these rights at:
You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal data (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, I may charge a reasonable fee if your request is clearly unfounded, repetitive or excessive or refuse to comply with your request in these circumstances.
I may need to request specific information from you to enable me to confirm your identity and ensure your right to access your personal data (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is a security measure to ensure that personal data is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it. I may also contact you to ask you for further information in relation to your request to speed up my response.
I will try to respond to all legitimate requests within one month. Occasionally it may take longer than a month if your request is particularly complex or you have made a number of requests. In this case, I will notify you.
If you are not happy with any aspect of how I collect and use your data, you have the right to complain to the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO), the UK supervisory authority for data protection issues (www.ico.org.uk).
However I would be grateful if you would contact me first if you do have a complaint so that I can try to resolve it for you.